Monday, December 12, 2005

I finially got all my yarn!

After a long wait… I finially picked up the rest of my yarn last night.   I now have enough to start the basket.  I was missing the green to variegate my trellis.  I am so happy now that I can get back to my bag.  This will be a work in progress.  Here are my stats so far:

Needles: US#19 Long Straight  Rosewood for bag and US#19 Short Straight Rosewood for Roses and Leaves
Trellis Yarn: Lamb’s Pride Kiwi and Cascade 220 Heather Green (variegating both yarns at the same time)
Roses: Manos Flam and Cascade Blood Red
Background: Galway Black
Leaves:  Lamb’s Pride Kiwi and Cascade 220 Heather Green (mixing the 2 colors and doing some just by them selves)

I was going to do my bag in the round after reading Fmarr’s version in Knitter’s Review  but after looking at photo’s of those bags I think I am going to go with the original pattern.  Working in flat and seaming the sides.  

I will post pictures once I begin again.  
Stay tuned for my adventures of my knitting experience on the Vogue Felted Bag.

1 Comments:

At 12:52 PM, Blogger Sue said...

Good luck, Janet. It's a doozey! I got the yarn for my roses last night - I'm going to use a single strand of Cascade 220 in a rose color and carry a single strand with it of another yarn I picked up last night in a variegated rose color. Sorry, I can't remember the name of the yarn. But I plan to knit up a rose tonight to see how it looks and will post it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home