Thursday, November 10, 2005

My Love is Like a...

Red, Red, Rose! I got bored today (I didn't want to start side two yet) so I made one of the flowers:

Well after sewing it together I discovered I made a stupid mistake (I was off on which were P and witch were K sts, duh!) So I made another one. I threw them in the washer...Because I just couldn't wait and now look what I have:

You can't tell the difference between the two! I think they look great!

Okay now to tell you all what I did for the decreases on the sides of the bag. I could not understand the description in the pattern so I had to go to my LYS and ask Janet what the heck I was supposed to do. Here is what we figured out.

Repeat #2:
Decrease on rows-
1 and 7

Repeat #3:
Decrease on rows-
1, 3, 5, and 9

Repeat #4:
Decrease on rows-
1, 3, 5, and 10

Repeat #5:
Decrease on rows-
1, 3, and 5

You will decrease one stitch on each side of the preceding rows. I suggest doing your decreases (K2tog) one stitch away from the outside edge of the work. I hope that helps everyone out!

PS: Sue I was the "Kelly" that sent you daughter Melissa her September Stitch Markers in the swap. The are the purple one's with the flowers!!! I just figured it out!

5 Comments:

At 8:12 AM, Blogger Susan said...

How, how pretty! A rose by any other side is still the same!

 
At 9:15 AM, Blogger Sue said...

The roses are great! I'm part way through side one and will try and finish it this weekend. I might just do the roses in between, also. How funny that you were my daughter's stitch marker secret pal! I have another daughter who lives in Bakersfield and she is also an avid knitter, and spinner. Her husband teaches in Taft. When you speak of your LYS and talked with Janet, if it's the store I'm thinking of (in Bakersfield??) then I know Janet - she is a good friend of my daughter, Christy. Thanks for your info on the correct stitching for the roses. I'll be sure to check it out when I get there. Sue

 
At 10:39 AM, Blogger Kellann said...

Sue, those decreases are for the bag not the rose....I will fix that!

 
At 12:31 PM, Blogger Sue said...

Thanks, Kellann. I'm there now so will write it down and use it. I clicked on "Janet" in your post and it is the same one I know! Small world, huh? Sue

 
At 1:32 PM, Blogger Kellann said...

Totally, small world!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home