Sunday, October 30, 2005

What yarn are YOU using?

I have decided to use Knit Picks Wool of the Andes in: Coal, for the main part of the bag; Wheat, for the trellis pattern; Cherry Blossom, for the roses; and Grass, for the leaves. Here are the numbers that I have ordered, I am going to hold the yarn triple because it is worsted weight:

10 [23420] Coal Wool of the Andes
7 [23437] Cherry Blossom Wool of the Andes
2 [23439] Grass Wool of the Andes
7 [23441] Wheat Wool of the Andes

I know I will have extra of the "Wheat" color because I am not going to make leaves out of that color. I think I am going to be okay. I will be sure to do a swatch before I start!

These colors should look more like this picture by Elizabeth Ruuska:

I think her version of the bag (made with Lambs Pride Burly Spun) is one of the best looking ones that I have seen.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home